The Equine Assisted Therapy Institute will be recognized as a pioneer and a leader in the use of Mindfulness-Based Equine Assisted Therapy (MBEAT ®) for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety.
The Equine-Assisted Therapy Institute strives to:
- Keep abreast of the latest scientific research on mindfulness and equine assisted therapies pertaining to psychological health.
- Promote self-empowerment by providing easy to understand information about the neurobiology of PTSD, depression, anxiety, and mindfulness.
- Maximize clients’ safety by using horses that have passed a strict protocol of desensitization.
- Treat clients and horses with respect, acceptance, and compassion.
- Deliver MBEAT® through a cultural lens when working with Metis and First Nation people.
Areas of specialization
- PTSD in the military, First Responders, Aboriginal people.
- Complex trauma related to physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Anxiety disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
The Equine Assisted Therapy Institute is a provider for Crime Victim Assistance Program. We are also recommended by the North American Fire Fighter Veterans Network (www.firefighterveteran.com)